Monday, August 4, 2014

Lookbook: Venturing into Animal Prints

Blouse: Rebecca Taylor; Jeans: AG; bag: Chanel; shoes: Sole Society; bracelets: Giles & Brother and t&j designs; ring: H&M (similar); and necklace: t&j designs

I’m usually a neutrals type of girl. Black, gray, white and a ton of denim make up the bulk of my wardrobe. But I’m slowly but surely coming around to animal prints.






Designer extraordinaire Diane von Furstenberg says the trick to working with animal prints is to treat them like a neutral. That makes total sense. After all, animal prints are made up of neutral colors.

I decided this blouse from Rebecca Taylor would serve as my first foray into animal prints. With the body of the top in leopard and the sleeves in black, I didn’t feel overwhelmed by the print. And pairing the top with beloved neutral pieces like my AG skinny jeans, gold jewelry and classic Chanel bag seemed to balance out the graphic nature of the top. But I didn’t want the outfit to be too safe—hence the sky-high heels with cutouts.

Next time, I’ll try to wear animal prints with something a bit more adventurous. Perhaps neon and leopard may be the next pairing on the horizon…

How do you wear animal prints?

No comments:

Post a Comment